Below, is a list of my presentations, talks, and workshops since joining the University of Lincoln.
College of Social Science Research Showcase, University of Lincoln (6th June). The Co-operative University Now!
Co-operative Education and Research Conference, Manchester (1-2nd May). The Co-operative University Now!
- Co-operative Higher Education conference, Manchester (9th November).
- Co-operative Education and Research Conference, Manchester (5-6th April). Social co-operatives and the democratisation of higher education. Paper presentation with Prof. Richard Hall.
- Co-operative Education and Research Conference, Manchester (5-6th April). Co-operative Leadership for Higher Education. Paper presentation and workshop with Prof. Mike Neary.
- UNIKE 2016 conference, Copenhagen, Denmark (15-17th June). Pathways to transforming universities for public goods and community benefit. Panel member.
- International Co-operative Association research conference 2016, Almeria, Spain (24-27th May). Beyond Public and Private: A framework for co-operative higher education. Paper with Mike Neary.
- Co-operative Education Conference 2016, Co-operative College, Manchester (21-22 April). The Co-operative Movement and Higher Education. Workshop with Mike Neary.
- Co-operative Education Conference 2016, Co-operative College, Manchester (21-22 April). Beyond Public and Private: A framework for co-operative higher education. Paper with Mike Neary.
- Students for Co-operation Winter Conference, University of East Anglia, Norwich, 12-14th February. Workshop on Co-operative Higher Education.
- Free University of London, Education as Liberty, Why co-operative higher education? Invited panel member.
- University of Lincoln, 21st Century Research Group, Collegiality and the Cooperative University – higher education for the 21stcentury. Paper with Mike Neary.
- University of Lincoln, British HCI Conference, Communes, Commonism and Co-ops: Rethinking the university as a hackerspace, Invited panel member (HCI, Politics and Activism).
- University of Lincoln, College of Social Science Research Conference, Beyond public and private: A model for co-operative higher education. Paper with Mike Neary.
- Students for Co-operation national meeting, University of Sheffield, 6th June 2015. Workshop on Co-operative Higher Education.
- Chelmsford, Anglia Ruskin University, Critical Knowledge and Praxis seminar. Invited panel member.
- Newcastle College, HE Student Conversation conference, ‘A short history of hacking: Values and principles for co-operative higher education.’ Invited keynote speaker.
- Auckland, New Zealand, Alternative futures for higher education, Universities in the Knowledge Economy: Transforming Higher Education in the Asia-Pacific Rim and Europe Conference 2015, Invited panel member.
- Manchester, Learning Together: Perspectives in Co-operative Education, Invited panel member.
- Cheltenham, Reimagining the University conference, ‘The Co-operative University’, Invited keynote speaker.
- Durham, Academic Identities Conference 2014, ‘A Contribution to the Critique of the Political Economy of Academic Labour‘, Co-author/presenter.
- London, Governing Academic Life conference, ‘The university as a worker co-operative: Labour, property and pedagogy‘, Paper presentation.
- Nottingham, Friction: An interdisciplinary conference on technology & resistance, ‘The university as a hackerspace‘, Paper presentation/ Workshop facilitator.
- Lincoln, Co-operation and Higher Education, Conference co-organiser and short talk on ‘Co-operation and education‘ course (2014).
- London, Discourse, Power, Resistance 14, ‘For a Co-operative University?‘, Co-presenter.
- Birmingham, Jisc Digital Festival, ‘The university as a hackerspace‘, Expert speaker.
- Geneva, Switzerland, Scholarly International Infrastructure Technical Summit (SIITS), Invited speaker.
- Cologne, Germany, IASSIST 2013, ‘A Critical Evaluation of CKAN for Research Data Management’, Paper presentation.
- Ghent, Belgium, ELAG 2013, ‘A Critical Evaluation of CKAN for Research Data Management’, Paper presentation.
- Birmingham, JISC Managing Research Data Programme Workshop: Achievements, Challenges and Recommendations, Panel discussion member.
- Birmingham, JISC Managing Research Data Programme Workshop: Achievements, Challenges and Recommendations, ‘Incorporating Research Data Management within Research Information Services’, Presentation.
- London, CKAN for Research Data Management, Workshop lead.
- Lincoln, University of Lincoln, Thinking Aloud Seminar Series, ‘The Role of the University in the Development of Hacker Culture‘
- Helsinki, Aalto University, OKfest, Panel member, ‘Immediate Access to Raw Data‘
- Bristol, University of the West England, Managing Research Data in Post 1992 Universities, Presentation, ‘A Minimum Viable Product for RDM?‘
- London, Dev8D, Panel Chair, ‘data.*.ac.uk‘
- London, Dev8D, Presentation, ‘Helping Hackers Hack‘
- New York City, The New School, Mobility Shifts, Panel member, ‘In, against, and beyond the institution‘
- New York City, City University of New York, Panel member, ‘Student as Producer‘
- New York City, Adelphi University, Invited speaker, ‘Student as Producer’
- Manchester, jiscEXPO, Panel member/judge
- Lincoln, University of Lincoln, Presentation for College of Professors, ‘The Edgeless University’
- Nottingham, University of Nottingham, Educational Spaces of Alterity workshop, ‘The Social Science Centre’
- Birmingham, JISC Innovation Conference, Panel member
- Liverpool, JISC Conference 2011, OER Panel member
- Winchester, University of Winchester, The Crisis Forum Conference: For People and Planet: Not Profit and Self-Destruction Can Universities make the move towards, or even lead ‘transition’?, Workshop facilitator. ‘The Social Science Centre’
- Barcelona, OpenEd10, Paper, ‘The relationships between technology and open education in the development of a resilient higher education‘
- Barcelona, OpenEd10, Paper, ‘Opening Education beyond the property relation: from commons to communism’
- Sheffield, RSP conference, Presentation, ‘RSS in, RSS out. Experimenting with WordPress for scholarly publishing‘
- Nottingham, ALT-C 2010, Presentation, ‘More efficiently unsustainable? Transitioning Higher Education to a 2050 -80% +2c 350ppm world’
- Lincoln, University of Lincoln, Library Learning Development Event, ‘Virtual Research Environments‘
- Herefordshire, HEA Conference, Presentation and workshop facilitator, ‘Is the current form of Higher Education in the UK viable? Developing a resilient education‘
- London, JISC UKOER10 conference, Presentation, ‘Open Education and Sustainability‘
- Lincoln, T&L Symposium, ‘Open Education and Why Should I Share?’
- Leicester, DMU, Presentation and workshop facilitator, ‘Resilient Education‘
- London, CETIS Repositories and Web2 event, Position Paper, Feeding the beast. Repositories and the Open Web
- Lincoln, Talis Podcasts Interview
- Birmingham, JISC Greening ICT Programme Meeting, Keynote Presentation, ‘Technology: “A politically neutral way through a tricky impasse”‘
- London, Dev8D, Presentation, ‘WordPress: beyond Blogging!!‘
- Leeds, Digital 2020. Green ICT Mini Conference, Presentation, ‘Green ICT: More Efficiently Unsustainable?‘
- Manchester, ALT-C 2009, Presentation, ‘WordPress MultiUser: BuddyPress and Beyond‘
- Huddersfield, Mashoop North, Presentation, ‘Bibliografreedom‘
- Lincoln, University of Lincoln, Thinking Aloud seminar series, ‘Lincoln Academic Commons: A Knowledge Gift Culture‘